- Written by Web Design Uganda
Having a website is an important part of marketing your business.
* establish a presence for your business 24/7, 365 days/year
* are your online brochure or catalog
* promote your services
* sell your products
* serve your customer immediately with the information they seek
* heighten public interest
* answer frequently asked questions
* allow feedback
* advertise employment information – recruiting packages
Our Webmaster, implementing the future.Once you’ve decided you need a website – how do you plan for one?
Consider the Big Picture:
* What is the goal of your website?
- short term
- long term
* Who is your target audience?
* How will your target audience find your website?
* How will you measure the effectiveness of your website?
* Who will maintain your website after the initial design process?
* What is your budget?
* What is your website timeline?
Here are a few helpful hints to get you organized:
* Make a list of five websites that have designs that are to-die-for (not content – just design)
o What do you like about each of those five sites? Navigation, Colors, Fonts, Videos etc.
* Make a list of three competitor’s websites
o What services or products do you offer that are stronger than theirs?
* Make a list of five descriptive words you want people to think of when they see your site (conservative, traditional, modern, goth etc)
* Make a list of three strong words/phrases which your target audience will use to find your site